Will Your Health Insurance Policy Cover Annual Check-Ups?
According to specialists, a yearly physical examination is required. The average person may view a yearly physical exam as an unnecessary expense, but those with health insurance are entitled to this service at no cost. *
Some health insurance policies cover annual health examinations, entitling the insured to a complimentary physical exam annually. The annual medical exam aids the insured in determining their current state of health and susceptibility to disease. *
List of Medical Tests Covered by Health Insurance:
Your health insurance plan will cover the most common medical exams each year, including:
- Blood sugar test
- Blood pressure exam
- Complete physical examination and enumeration of all blood cells
- (Culture and Custom) Evaluation for micronutrient deficiencies
- Evaluation of renal function
- Lipid profile
Benefits of Purchasing Health Insurance with Annual Physical Exams:
Listed below are the most important benefits of purchasing a health insurance plan with an annual health exam benefit:-
- Unquestionably, annual health examinations are beneficial for monitoring your health and reducing anxiety. The primary advantage of annual medical exams is that they aid in the early detection of diseases. *
- Beginning treatment at the opportune time enables the patient to prevent the dissipation of the disease before it gains a foothold. Long-term savings can be realised by investing in medical insurance coverage, including free annual exams. A prompt diagnosis also eliminates the need for costly procedures and treatments.##
- Annual health examinations inform the insured about their physical condition. It makes it easier for them to choose a healthy lifestyle and maintain fitness, ameliorating underlying medical conditions.*
Does every health insurance policy cover yearly physicals?
No, not every health insurance plan covers yearly exams. However, with a health insurance premium calculator, the most extensive plans include annual health examinations and help policyholders save money.##
Important Considerations When Purchasing Health Insurance
When searching for family health insurance plans health insurance, consider the following factors:
- Determine how frequently your health insurance covers annual physicals. It should be available annually upon enrollment in a health insurance plan.
- No Claim Clause – Various health insurance plans only cover the cost of health examinations after a certain number of years or under specific conditions. After purchasing health insurance, you should therefore guarantee that you have access to annual evaluations.*
- Cashless Benefit- Most health insurance companies only offer cashless annual health examinations at their approved facilities. Determine whether your insurer has contracted diagnostic labs for cashless annual medical examinations.*
- Insurance covers Medical Exams – Verify the list of covered medical tests before obtaining an annual physical covered by insurance. The policy serves an only purpose if it covers necessary medical examinations.*
- Most health insurance policies base the number of tests covered during annual physicals on the policyholder’s selection of the sum insured. *
- Consequently, ensure that your family health insurance plans cover medical evaluations proportional to the amount insured, and act accordingly. *
- Avoid selecting more coverage than is necessary, as this will increase your premium.
To conclude, yearly medical exams are the most effective method for monitoring a person’s health. Once you obtain health insurance, you are alleviated by the anxiety associated with annual medical exams necessary to monitor your ongoing health.
|Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!|
*Standard T&C Apply
## All savings are provided by the insurer per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.